Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Ontario asparagus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ pound sirloin or tenderloin steak in 1 ½ - inch thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and trim asparagus spears and cut into ½-inch diagonal pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add steak and stir-fry 2 minutes. Push steak to side of pan. Add remaining ingredients to pan. Stir-fry 5 minutes to cook vegetables.
- Gently combine steak with vegetables. Stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Serve immediately on a bed of rice or noodles.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Source: asparagus.on.ca