Asparagus Walnut Pesto
Make a heavenly pesto sauce that is so versatile. This is a great recipe to use frozen asparagus too!
- 1 lb Ontario Asparagus ends removed, lightly steamed
- ½ cup walnuts raw or lightly toasted, your choice
- ¼ lb Parmesan or Pecorino cheese grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch mint add half and decide how much more you would like to add to suit your taste
- 1 cup olive oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- You may need a little water to thin (could be from steaming)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend cooked asparagus with walnuts, garlic, cheese, lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste it.
- If you would like it to be runnier, add a little water used from steaming the asparagus, or more oil. You can also add in more mint, to suit your taste.