Barrie’s Asparagus Tortilla Chip Crusted Asparagus Spears
Recipe kindly shared by Barrie's Asparagus.
- Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch Ontario asparagus woody ends trimmed
- Ricotta Dip
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend enough chips to make 1 cup of breadcrumbs and put on a large plate.
- Place Dijon mustard in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to apply to each asparagus spear generously.
- Roll prepared asparagus in chip crumbs and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining asparagus spears.
- Ensure asparagus spears are spaced and not touching each other on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden and crispy.
- To make dip: In a bowl of a mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk ricotta until creamy, about 2-3 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Serve with warm asparagus spears.