Fresh Pasta with Asparagus, Tomato, and Prosciutto
Recipe developed by Chef Jonathan Collins
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 5 slices of Prosciutto
- 1 lb Fresh Ontario Asparagus rinsed and trim spear heads
- 12 Cherry tomatoes rinsed and cut in half
- 3 tbsp Capers rinsed
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- Handful of Fresh Basil torn or cut chiffonade
- Flaked sea salt and pepper to taste
- Make your own or use store bought pasta! We used tagliatelle but this is your choice.
- Coat pan on medium-high heat with olive oil. Place the prosciutto into the pan, when the prosciutto is crispy, remove and place on a paper towel.
- Place asparagus, cherry tomatoes and capers into the same pan to crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper when the vegetables have cooked through. Don’t overcook asparagus. You want some bite left to it.
- Place the cooked pasta into a bowl, adding ricotta cheese on top.
- Place the prosciutto around the edge of the bowl.
- Place the crispy asparagus, tomatoes and capers on top.