Grilled Asparagus Pasta Salad
Recipe developed by Lisa Canham, Culinary Student from Kitchener Liason College
- 2 cups dried small shell pasta
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 lb fresh Ontario asparagus washed and trimmed
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Grown red bell peppers seeded and quartered
- 1 small Ontario red onion sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh herbs (mint, dill, parsley)
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Toss peas into pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking, drain and cool under cold running water.
- Toss asparagus, peppers and onion in olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for 5 minutes or until tender, let cool. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, honey, mustard, oregano, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together vegetables, pasta, feta, herbs and dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 6 Source: asparagus.on.ca