Pancetta Wrapped Asparagus
Recipe developed by Chef Jonathan Collins. Yield: 12
- 12 spears Fresh Ontario Asparagus rinsed and trimmed
- 24 pieces Pancetta thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lemon sliced in half and seeded
- Flaked sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain mustard to serve
- Wrap asparagus tightly with 2 overlapping slices of pancetta.
- Preheat a heavy- bottom grill pan or char- broiler over medium- high, season grill with olive oil.
- Arrange asparagus on the grill, cook turning regularly until asparagus is tender and pancetta crisps.
- Place lemon halves sliced side down on the grill.
- Transfer to a platter, lightly drizzle with olive oil, squeeze charred lemon juice over asparagus to finish.
- Serve with whole grain mustard.