Roast Chicken with Asparagus and Potatoes
Recipe developed by Chef Jonathan Collins
- 8 Chicken thighs excess fat trimmed
- 28 spears of Fresh Ontario Asparagus
- 1 kg Ontario potatoes cleaned and quartered lengthwise
- 2 lemons sliced in half and seeded
- 1 garlic bulb sliced in half
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 1 cup white wine
- Flaked sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Position rack in centre of oven, preheat to 375°F.
- Toss chicken, asparagus, potatoes, lemon, garlic and rosemary with olive oil in a large heavy bottom, oven safe pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, arrange chicken thighs on top, skin side up.
- Check internal temperature of chicken, not touching the bone with probe thermometer 165°F.
- Roast until golden brown, deglaze pan with white wine, serve with a squeeze of roasted garlic, lemon and pan sauce.