Shaved Asparagus Spring Salad
Recipe by Dayna McIssac
- 1 Cup Sorrel Leaves loosely measured
- 1 Cup Arugula Leaves loosely measured
- ¼ Fennel Bulb fronds reserved
- ½ Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Lb Fresh Ontario Asparagus about 20 large spears
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Shaved Parmesan Cheese Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of ½ Lemon about 2 tbsp
- ¼ Cup Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6-7 Chives finely diced
- Toss together the sorrel and arugula leaves and spread out onto a serving platter or salad bowl.
- Slice the fennel and the apple as thinly as possible. Cut the sliced apple again into matchsticks. Add to the greens.
- Snap woody ends of the asparagus spears and wash well. Working with 1 asparagus spear at a time, use a vegetable peeler to cut spears into long, thin shavings. Top the salad with the shaved asparagus.
- In a small bowl or a mason jar with a lid, combine the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk or shake well in the jar. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as necessary.
- Pour over prepared salad.
- Sprinkle over diced chives, reserved fennel fronds and with the vegetable peeler, slice over long parmesan shavings to serve.