Spicy Stir-Fried Asparagus
- 1 lb fresh Ontario asparagus well cleaned and woody ends snapped
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil divided
- ¼ kg pork strips about one boneless chop, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Thai red chili finely chopped or ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- Snap each of the cleaned asparagus spears in half.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high.
- Add 2 tbsp of the sesame seed oil and add the asparagus pieces. Keep the asparagus moving, tossing for
- about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced pork, soy sauce and the remaining sesame seed oil.
- Stir frequently to cook the pork on all sides, about another 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilies; toss everything together, cooking for an additional 3 minutes.